What Is Your Craniosacral System?
The craniosacral system is central to the healthy functioning of the central nervous system in your body. The craniosacral system is made up of the membranes and fluid that surround and protect the brain and spinal cord, as well as the bones attached to it. These extend from the bones of the skull, face and mouth, which make up the cranium, and down the spine to your tailbone area (otherwise known as your sacrum). This is why the therapy is called craniosacral therapy. Since the brain and spinal cord are all part of the craniosacral system, it is easy to see how it has a big impact over a wide variety of bodily functions.
Craniosacral Therapy Explained
CST frees up the tissues in and around the craniosacral system to encourage better flow of cerebrospinal fluid (CSF). CSF nourishes, protects and cleans the central nervous system and improves nerve conductivity. Improved flow of CSF helps the body to perform better and heal itself.
Because it naturally complements the body”s natural healing processes, CST is increasingly used as a preventive health measure by encouraging a healthy immune system and increasing resistance to disease. It also promotes relaxation by calming the autonomic nervous system which can be compromised by hormonal and chemical releases which are released by the body as a natural response to coping with the stresses and strains of life today.
CST improves inner health and gives a sense of well-being. Our health is our wealth.
Craniosacral Therapy for Babies & Toddlers
- Abnormal head shape, trauma from forceps or ventouse (vacuum) suction.
- Poor sucking, latching on or other problems associated with breast feeding.
- Colic,digestive problems, constipation, acid reflux and feeding difficulties.
- Sleeplessness, excessive crying and general irritability.
- Problems caesarian birth, Shock,and Re-occurring infections, eg; ear infection (glue ear).
Craniosacral Therapy For Adults
- Back & Neck Pain, Disc Injuries (bulging or prolapsed), Sciatica, Whiplash
- Joint & Muscle Pain, Repetitive Strain Injuries (RSI), Sports Injuries
- Headaches, TMJ Pain, Arthritis, Post-Surgery
- CST can be an excellent treatment option during pregnancy as it is a non-invasive form of treatment.
CONTACT US NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION
If you’d like to know more about how craniosacral therapy can benefit you, we’ll be delighted to explain – get in contact now – just click here to contact us online through a simple contact form here on the website.
Or, if you’d prefer, ring Rose right now on 087 6668274